The SSCY Centre Story
The Christie’s Biscuits Building on Notre Dame Avenue will soon become the new home of Specialized Services for Children and Youth. Services are currently delivered from multiple agency sites. This system creates immense challenges and has placed a burden on parents and caregivers to become the coordinators of meetings, appointments and treatments. At the new building, it’s all about “together is better,” with integrated providers serving in a community under one roof.
The SSCY Centre will be:
- easier for families to get in and navigate around
- the central point to access services in one place
- a coordinated system of services between agencies, reducing travel time to attend multiple appointments
With a real community feel, the new SSCY Centre will be unique in Manitoba and Canada, providing services for Manitoba, eastern Saskatchewan, northwestern Ontario and Nunavut.
A place where smiles and hugs and laughter are prescribed every day
Our fundraising efforts will provide enhancements that will create an environment that redefines the idea of what a clinic should be – a place where kids can be kids and families can be families.
These enhancements include:
- day-care furnishing and equipment
- family resource centre
- GestureTek – screens for physio animation
- hydrotherapy equipment
- interior courtyard
- play structures
- therapy play area
- state-of-the-art digital imaging equipment
- rehabilitation engineering equipment
- other furnishings and equipment